- Proper use of a pro florist’s tools including a knife, scissors and rose stripper
- Proper care and handling of different floral varieties to ensure the best longevity
- How to determine freshness prior to purchasing
- Use of Oasis floral foam, tape grids and hand wrapping techniques, along with proper stem placement when designing with floral foam vs. water
- How container selection affects overall design
- Have fun and creative experience learning how to plant a lovely terrarium. You will be able to choose from: cacti, succulents, air plants, sand, decorative stones, branches and mosses or we can help to choose combination for you.
- Session includes: use of tools, plants, supplies, and specialty trimmings
- 1 arrangement per person. No experience needed; perfect for beginners!
Fine-tune the skills you’ve learned in our Beginner’s Basics series, and take your Fleuriste skills to the next level.
- The mechanics of design, including proportion, shape and balance
- Color coordination and use
- The importance of stem placement
- Detail work when designing each style of arrangement
- How to create mono botanical bouquets, floral head wreaths and tall glass vase arrangements
Green Plant Workshop
- Learn about a variety of different plants and care tips such as watering, lighting, and fertilizing requirements
- Select a plant and planter of your choice and learn the appropriate way to plant your plant based on your plant and planter selection.